School of Music Audition/Exam Request Form
Please read the instructions carefully and fill this out only to request an audition for admissions, scholarships, and graduate entrance exams. Do not use this form to audition for ensembles.
To contact us for any other reason, please use email.
- All undergraduate programs require an audition. If you are applying for a graduate program that does not require a performance audition, please use this form to request an Entrance Exam date and ignore the parts relating to the audition.
- If you have not yet applied for admission to the University of Kentucky, please do so. You must be accepted by BOTH the University AND the School of Music.
- Your admissions audition serves also as your scholarship audition. You are automatically considered for any scholarships for which you qualify. You do not need to apply separately for a music scholarship except for graduate fellowships and assistantships.
- Please check the page for your area of interest and/or instrument for any repertoire requirements before filling out this form.
NOTE: Graduate Voice, Graduate Choral Conducting, and Graduate Percussion auditions require a pre-screening DVD to be submitted before you are invited to audition.
- See information for Graduate Voice DVD
- See information for Graduate Choral Conducting DVD
- See information for Graduate Percussion DVD
NOTE: Not all instrumental auditions can be heard on all dates. If these restrictions conflict with your availability, special dates can be arranged specifically with faculty. Special dates must be arranged before applying to the School of Music. Check your instrumental area to find faculty contact information.