See the School of Music Admissions page for more information on how to apply and how auditions work.
2023 Entry Audition Dates
Certain instrumental areas may have restrictions on available dates. Up-to-date information on date restrictions can be found on the request form. Graduate students are encouraged to audition in January to be eligible for a variety of fellowships.
- January 20th & 21st
- February 17th & 18th
- February 24th & 25th
If you have read the Music Admissions page and are ready to apply, please read the instructions carefully and fill out this form to request an audition for admissions, scholarships, and graduate entrance exams. This form is NOT for ensemble auditions.
To contact us for any other reason, please use email.
- All undergraduate programs require an audition. If you are applying for a graduate program that does not require a performance audition, please use this form to request an Entrance Exam date and ignore the parts relating to the audition.
- If you have not yet applied for admission to the University of Kentucky, please do so. You must be accepted by BOTH the University AND the School of Music.
- Your admissions audition serves also as your scholarship audition. You are automatically considered for any scholarships for which you qualify. You do not need to apply separately for a music scholarship except for graduate fellowships and assistantships.
- Please check the page of your area of interest and/or instrument for any repertoire requirements before filling out this form.
Some instrumental areas have date limitations. This list changes as information becomes available and audition times fill. Please contact your area of interest and/or instrument faculty if these date restrictions leave you in need of a special audition arrangement.
- January: Piano Not Available
- February 17-18: Oboe Not Available
- February 24: Oboe and Saxophone Not Available
- February 25: Oboe, Saxophone, Flute, and Voice Not Available
Graduate Voice, Graduate Choral Conducting, Graduate Percussion, and Graduate Guitar auditions require a pre-screening submission. Program requirements vary, but submissions may usually be provided either as a mailed DVD or by including links to online hosted materials in your application. A field to include links to materials will become available as you fill out the application, though some programs may required advance submission before applying for an audition. See the relevant areas of study pages for more information on required components, formats, and deadlines.
- Graduate Voice Information
- Graduate Choral Conducting Information
- Graduate Percussion Information
- Graduate Guitar Information