Graduate Dates & Resources
Information on specific graduate programs can be found on each Areas of Study page. General University of Kentucky graduate student information can be found on the UK Graduate School website. If you are a prospective student looking for early exam dates and documents, they can be found at the bottom of this page.
DGS Forms & Academic Checklists
Download the form you need. Print a copy of the checklist to keep track of your academic record, enter all the courses or requirements as you complete each task, add the date. Make sure all incomplete grades are completed within one year. Bring a copy with you when consulting with your advisor. Bring a completed copy to the DGS when you are ready to apply for a degree.
- MA in Musicology
- MA in Theory (UPDATED - 4/19/19)
- MA in Composition
- MM in Performance
- MM in Performance—Voice (UPDATED - 4/19/19)
- MM in Sacred Music
- MM in Music Education
- MM in Music Therapy
- DMA in Performance
- DMA in Performance—Voice (UPDATED - 4/19/19)
- DMA in Band Conducting
- DMA in Choral Conducting
- DMA in Instrumental Conducting
- DMA in Composition
- PhD in Music Education
- PhD in Music Theory (UPDATED - 4/19/19)
- PhD in Musicology
- Certificate in Music Theory Pedagogy
- Certificate in Orff Schulwerk
- Certificate in Dalcroze Eurhythmics
Timelines & Dissertation Forms
- Master's Degree (PDF - UPDATED 9/4/2019)
- DMA Degree (PDF - UPDATED 9/4/2019)
- PhD Degree (PDF - UPDATED 9/4/2019)
- Initial Advisory Committee Meeting Guidelines and Form (PDF)
- Master & Doctoral Degree: Thesis Prospectus Approval Form (PDF)
- Doctoral Students: Dissertation Approval Form (PDF)
The recital forms should be signed by the advisor and committee members. Give the signed recital forms (one set for each recital) to the DGS for record.
- Performance Evaluation (Jury/Hearing) Form (DOC)
- Master Degree: Recital Audition for Pre-Recital Hearing (PDF)
- Master Degree: Recital Approval Form (PDF)
- Doctoral Degree: Recital Audition for Pre-Recital Hearing (PDF)
- Doctoral Degree: Recital Approval Form (PDF)
Information on program specific exams can be found on the Admissions & Auditions page.
Exam Date: Thursday, January 30, 2020, 9:00AM-1:00PM, Fine Arts Library Study Room 1
Students may optionally take exams on a laptop computer with the following conditions:
- The use of the Internet is forbidden, and
- the hard drive shall contain NO material related to the examination.The exams will be written and copied onto a “clean” external jump drive, which each student will provide. The exam may not be copied to or remain on the computer after the exam. The completed exams will be printed from the jump drive by the DGS and photocopies of the exam will be supplied to the two DMA Qualifying Examination committee members for grading.
- DMA Music History Exam Topics | Spring 2020 (PDF) - Updated 10/25/19
- PhD Music History Exam Topics | Spring 2020 (PDF) - Updated 10/25/19
Exam Date: Friday January 31, 2020, 9:00AM-1:00PM, Fine Arts Library Study Room 1
No computers are allowed for the theory portion of the common exam. A score packet and student answer packet, which provides pages for all needed responses, will be provided. All that is needed for the theory exam are pencils. Please note that phones are not allowed in the examination room.