The College of Fine Arts offers Kentucky’s broadest collection of visual and performing arts academic programs. By studying the arts, our students have the creativity, discipline, leadership, and adaptability to achieve success in many creative careers. See the department pages for more information about specific programs, majors, minors, and certificates. In addition, the college offers an Interdisciplinary Minor in the Arts.
Visit UK's Academic Calendar for important deadlines on applications, admissions, and registration.
Undergraduate applicants for any program in the College of Fine Arts must apply through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and must meet the standards of admission to UK.
- Majors in the School of Art and Visual Studies do not require an audition, portfolio review, or other pre-major requirements.
- Students who wish to major in Dance are required to audition. Students may schedule an audition through the Department of Theatre & Dance.
- Students seeking a Theatre major do not have to audition to be accepted, but a scholarship is available for incoming freshman who do audition.
- Students who wish to major in Arts Administration must first declare as a pre-major. To become a full major and take upper division Arts Administration courses, students must meet a series of requirements.
- All students who wish to declare a Music major must also pass an audition on their primary instrument/voice. Students may schedule an audition through the School of Music.
Contact our recruitment office to schedule a visit!
Applicants for all graduate programs in the College of Fine Arts must apply through the Graduate School and are evaluated for admission by the student's designated graduate program.
Applicants for the School of Music must also take an Entrance Exam through the School of Music, as well as other requirements for specific degree programs.