High School Dance Day
Interested in the dance program at UK? Join program director Susie Thiel and instructor Anthony Alterio for a Saturday of classes and discussions. Students will participate in a modern dance class, hip hop class, and a discussion about the concert. 1 free ticket for the dance concert that night will be made available to each student after completion of the modern dance class. Parents or chaperones wishing to purchase a ticket may do so at the Pam Miller Downtown Arts Center Box Office.
- 1 – 2:30 Modern dance with Susie Thiel
- 2:30 – 3:15 Discussion about the concert with select choreographers and dancers.
- 3:15 – 3:30 Break
- 3:30 – 5 Hip-Hop with Anthony Alterio
- 5 – 7:30 Free time for dinner on your own before the concert at the Pam Miller Downtown Arts Center.
- Q&A immediately following the performance.
Modern — Wear appropriate attire that will show clean lines: leotard and tights, unitard, or modern pants. Shorts are not recommended for modern due to floor work. Bare feet. Hair should be neatly secured and out of the face.
Hip Hop — Whatever the student feels comfortable wearing. Clean street shoes may be worn in the studio for Hip Hop.
Dance Studio, Room 117