BA in Dance Audition
In addition to being admitted to UK, a successful audition is required to be declared a dance major. Applications for admission to the University of Kentucky, as well as application deadline and materials information, are available on the UK Admissions site. To learn more about what to expect and wear please see the BA in Dance page.
- Fall BA in Dance Audition Date: Friday, November 17, 2023
- Spring BA in Dance Audition Date: Friday, February 16, 2024
- Remote Video Audition (requirements listed on the BA in Dance page)
- 8:00-8:30 - Check-in
- Fall: Holmes Hall, Room 153 - 111 Avenue of Champions, Lexington, KY 40508
- Spring: Fine Arts Building, Room 117 - 465 Rose Street, 40508
- 8:30-9:15am - Meeting with instructors, UK students, candidates and parents/guardians. Q and A
- 9:15-10:00 Ballet
- 10:15-11:00 Modern
- 11-11:30 Jazz
- 11:30- 12:00 Improvisation
- Lunch 12:00-1:15
Temporary Visitor Parking Passes (also called single day permits) cost $6.50 each and are payable by cash, check (with driver's license), or credit card. They are not valid for entrance into gated parking facilities and must be displayed in the lower left-hand side of the windshield, on the driver's side and in clear view so that the expiration date is visible. These passes can be purchased at any of the following locations: Press Avenue Garage (PS #6, 721 Press Avenue) or UK HealthCare Garage (110 Transcript Avenue). See the UK Transportation Services Visitor Parking Options for more information.