UK Honors Band Weekend Wind Ensemble Registration
UK Honors Band Weekend 2020
Friday, January 31st – Sunday, February 2nd
Registration Deadline: Sunday, December 8, 2019
In order to be considered for the UK Honors Wind Ensemble, please fill out this form in its entirety. An audio recording must be submitted with this form. DO NOT COMPLETE THE FORM UNTIL YOUR RECORDING IS READY AND HOSTED ON AN EXTERNAL SERVICE. This recording must be in MP3 format and include the following:
Woodwinds & Brass
- State your Name, School, Instrument, and Year in School.
- Chromatic Scale, the range of your instrument, eighth note pattern, tongue up/slur down. Pause for breath, if necessary, quarter note = 138.
- Lyrical Etude/Solo Excerpt, approx. 2-5 minutes.
- Technical Etude/Solo Excerpt, approx. 2-5 minutes.
- State your Name, School, Instrument, and Year in School
- Include 4-10 minutes from AT LEAST two areas. Areas include:
- Concert Snare Drum
Please upload your recording to your preferred file sharing site and provide the link below. You will not be considered for the 2019 UK Honors Wind Ensemble until your audition recording has been submitted.
The registration fee is $70/performer, due at time of registration. Refunds will be provided by January 10th, 2020 for those who are not accepted. Performer housing is also available at $25/night for those who live outside the Lexington area, payable separately after acceptance.
We look forward to hearing from you!
George R. Boulden,
Associate Director of Bands
Registration Deadline: Sunday, December 16, 2019