High School Dance Day
The Department of Theatre and Dance is excited to invite high school dance students to High School Dance Day on March 7, 2020. Students will have the opportunity to experience a modern and jazz dance class with UK faculty, attend a performance featuring the UK dance students, meet dance majors and minors and attend a Q and A following the performance.
In addition, all participants will receive a complimentary ticket to Amplified, Dance Concert on Saturday, March 7 at 7:30. Parents and chaperones who also wish to attend the performance can purchase tickets online.
- 1 – 2:30 Modern dance with Stephanie Harris
- 2:30 – 3:15 Discussion about the concert with select choreographers and dancers.
- 3:15 – 3:30 Break
- 3:30 – 5 Jazz dance with Susie Thiel
- 5 – 7:30 Free time for dinner on your own before the concert at the Guignol Theatre
- 7:30 Amplified Dance Concert the Guignol Theatre
Q&A immediately following the performance.
Jazz – Wear leos, tights, jazz pants, form-fitted dance tops, unitards. Jazz shoes, if the student has them.
Modern – Wear appropriate attire that will show clean lines: leotard and tights, unitard, or modern pants. Shorts are not recommended for modern due to floor work. Bare feet.
Hair must be secured away from the face. Please refrain from wearing jewelry that is potentially dangerous or that impedes movement (rings, bulky jewelry, etc.) The classes are geared for an intermediate to advanced high school dancer.