COVID-19 Cancellations and Postponements
Due to mounting concerns over the coronavirus pandemic, the College of Fine Arts has postponed or canceled all of its events and community programming through the end of the spring semester.
- UK Opera Theatre's The Crucible and all associated events originally scheduled for April 3 – 5 will be postponed until fall 2020.
- UK Symphony Orchestra concert scheduled for March 27 has been canceled.
- Big Band Blast originally scheduled for March 28 has been canceled.
- Dr. Lori Hetzel’s Anniversary concert, After Dark, and UK Choristers and Chorale spring concert have been postponed.
- UK Theatre and Dance Studio season for the remainder of the semester has been canceled.
- Fine Arts Institute classes have been postponed until April 6.
- School of Music's Modern Band Workshop scheduled for March 21-22 has been canceled.
- School of Art and Visual Studies Foundations Show originally scheduled March 27 – April 2 will be postponed and presented virtually.
- The UK Art Museum will temporarily shut their doors to the public starting 5 p.m. Friday, March 13.
- Department of Theatre and Dance has postponed A Midsummer Night’s Dream, originally scheduled for April 23 – 25, until fall 2020.
This decision was made in part due to the University of Kentucky’s shift to alternative and online instruction and recommendations across our community to avoid large gatherings of people to help slow the spread of the coronavirus. Distance learning has a significant impact on our ability to rehearse for operas, productions, and other ensemble works. The college is working to reschedule as many events as possible. Updates will be posted to the website as details are finalized.
Those who have already purchased tickets to postponed or canceled events in the Singletary Center or Guignol Theatre will be issued refunds. Patrons do not need to contact the Singletary Center Ticket Office at this time.
Find more information on the University's plans during the COVID-19 outbreak and stay up-to-date at www.uky.edu/coronavirus.