UK Art Museum Announces Reopening and Visit Protocols
The University of Kentucky Art Museum reopens on August 25th! Each of us plays a role in the safe reopening of the Art Museum, complying with social distancing, face masks, and additional health and safety precautions. Virtual family activities and other online programs continue to be offered through our website and social media pages. We recognize that circumstances may change at any moment, but we remain hopeful that we will be able to serve the campus and Lexington community under the safest possible conditions.
As always, Museum admission is free but we will be requiring visitors to preregister for a designated time slot. Pre-registering helps us track attendance data, maintain safe visitor capacity, and keep the Front Desk germ-free.
UK Art Museum COVID-19 Procedures
We require the protocols below, which apply to all activities at the UK Art Museum:
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors older than 2, and by all staff members.
- Capacity is reduced and controlled to 20 visitors at any time.
- Temperature checks are required for visitors and staff prior to entry.
- Visitors showing signs of illness at any time will be asked to return when they are healthy.
- Visitors must use provided hand sanitizer upon entry.
- Social distancing is required and will be enforced. Parties may remain together. Children must stay with adults at all times.
- Follow social-distancing markers in place at the entrance and elsewhere.
- Follow signs noting the direction of traffic in the galleries.
- Credit or debit cards only; no cash permitted for any purchases.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is extremely contagious. In the interest of your personal safety and community health, please observe all the precautions listed above.
Ready to visit?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.