World Voice Day
World Voice Day (WVD), an international celebration of the voice, is held annually on April 16th.
Human communication is essential to the health and well-being of the individual throughout their lifetime. Voice creates mood, melody and intent of our spoken words. Please join us for an exciting, interdisciplinary day of discovery and celebration of the voice on Friday, April 16, 2021, presented in a virtual format. Our day will include a wide range of presentations, experiential workshops, performances and more.
This year’s World Voice Day Celebration at UK is a collaborative effort by numerous schools and departments involved in the care and training of the voice including UK Departments of: Communication Sciences and Disorders, Otolaryngology, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Counseling Center, School of Music, and Opera Theatre.
Schedule of Events
- 9:00 am: "Voice Over the Lifespan," Dr. Joseph Stemple, CCC-SLP
- 10:00 am: "Posture," Dr. Cecil Hollen, DO
- 10:45am: "Mindfulness for Singers," Dr. Elizabeth Arnold
- 11:30am: "Care of the Professional Voice," Dr. Wendy LeBorgne, PhD, CCC-SLP (Keynote Speaker)
- 1pm: "Mental Health, Stress, and the Effects on the Voice: Techniques to Address Stress," Dr. Mary Chandler Bolin, PhD
- 2pm: Masterclass and Q&A with UKOT Singers, Kenneth Overton
- 3:30pm: "Help! I Lost My Voice!," Dr. JoAnna Sloggy, CCC-SLP and Dr. Sandy Archer, MD
- 4:30pm: "Vocal Surgery," Dr. Mark Fritz, MD
- 5:15pm: End of day
Online, registration required