The Business Director is ultimately responsible for ensuring that all components of the business are operating effectively and in accordance with the organization’s mission, values and culture. The Business Director participates in the fundraising, development, and marketing components of the business in collaboration with the Marketing and Development Director. The Business Director (BD) is responsible for informing the Board of Directors of the needs and status of the business; for providing financial and administrative reports at each monthly Board meeting and; for responding to Board requests for information or recommendations regarding any aspect of the business. The Artistic Director (AD) and BD are responsible for working with the Executive Committee and the Finance Committee in submitting an annual operating budget to the Board of Directors for their approval and for monitoring compliance.This all-inclusive budget projects anticipated expenses and income for each fiscal year considering every aspect of the business—including, but not limited to: theatrical productions, human resources, administration, education and facilities maintenance. The AD, and on occasion BD, represents the theatre to our local government, appearing before both the City Council and Fiscal Court to request funding, renew lease agreements and/or provide information and updates.
- Oversee bookkeeping and accounting procedures, Quickbooks record-keeping, maintaining all accounts payable and receivable, reconciling and recording all bank fees and transactions
- Handle payment of monthly bills, production reimbursements, and all other payables
- Process staff payroll and payroll liabilities/taxes in a timely manner
- Monitor box office policies and procedures, reconcile ticketing platform against Quick-books and ticket stubs regularly
- Oversee all donations, track annual fund contributions and donor information
- Maintain communication with accountants to provide necessary information for tax purposes and annual audits, serve as contact liaison between theatre and audit firm, and provide any necessary documents and information.
- Oversee management of season subscriptions, class enrollments, merchandising and all other endeavors requiring financial management
- Assist the AD in the formulation of annual budgets and oversee show and annual budgets year round, provide input and advice on all financial targets, provide historical data and financial trends as requested
- Provide monthly financial reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Assist Marketing/Development Director in production of annual fund mailings and assist in coordinating all mailed materials including donor acknowledgements, bulk marketing material such as season brochures, show postcards, etc.
- Manage and assist in maintaining the WT database, regularly updating mailing list and information
- Oversee communication with advertisers for show playbills, securing proper information, logos, payment, etc.
- With the Marketing/Development Director, develop and maintain relationships with sponsors and prospective donors
- Assist in formulating and meeting fundraising goals, including management of fundraising expenditures against fundraising budget
- Assist in identifying grant opportunities and write selected grant proposals and final reports as required by grant making entity
- Assist in research, identify, and fundraise on behalf of the WT by holding one-on-one meetings with past and new sponsors, conducting telephone solicitations, online giving, and public presentations
- Assist in securing advertisers for the show programming
- Manage office staff, both paid and volunteer, and act as communication liaison between staff, designers, directors, technicians, and volunteers when called upon
- Attend production meetings as necessary for budget inquiries
- Organize systems for files, materials and resources in the office, properly record and store all financial and sensitive information for ease of access and retrieval
- Develop systems for recruiting, tracking and retaining volunteers for the business
- Assist with the management of rentals of the theatre by outside groups including securing a contract and deposit
The BD is paid an annual salary of $38,000 before tax. Paychecks are distributed on the 15th and 30th of each month.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.
275 Beasley Drive, Versailles, KY 40383