Friends of the UK School of Music
The University of Kentucky School of Music is vital to the quality of life in Central Kentucky and is an indispensable cultural asset of the entire Commonwealth. The Friends of Music is an organization of music lovers and supporters dedicated to assisting the UK School of Music in the enrichment of its mission.
Over 400 music majors participate in our outstanding programs at the School of Music, including 150 graduate students. The more than 50 faculty members are recognized for excellence in teaching, performance, and research. Within their disciplines they are leaders in the community and across the United States. With a low student-to-faculty ratio, the School of Music provides personal attention with small classes and excellent private applied instruction.
Our music students frequently have opportunities to participate in nationally recognized ensembles and perform in prestigious venues and at international festivals. The School has achieved awards and national recognition for high-caliber education in opera, choral and instrumental music performance, music education, composition, theory, and music history. Our individual performers have had incredible success at state, regional, and national levels, and in the past decade have won over seventy instrumental and vocal awards.
You are cordially invited . . .
to become one of the Friends of Music and join in supporting and serving the instructional, research, and performance activities of the University of Kentucky School of Music.
Membership in the Friends of Music is open to all who value music and recognize its importance in all levels of education and in all segments of society. The Friends of Music thus welcomes all whose lives are enriched by music — alumni, friends of music, participants, consumers, teachers, scholars, and members of the public.
Your support will help the Friends:
- To provide significant contributions to the School of Music’s pursuit of excellence in both the performance and the study of music
- To advocate for music and the UK School of Music within the University, in the community and throughout the region
- To provide resources for enhancing the ability of the School of Music to teach, perform, and create
- To encourage alumni and friends of the School to offer their support of its programs and objectives
- To provide assistance to our students and faculty to attend national and international conferences and to study in prestigious summer programs
- To serve as a network for the encouragement of prospective students to attend UK as a music major, minor, or participant
- To provide opportunities for School of Music faculty to perform, teach, lecture, and recruit students throughout the nation and the world
- Opportunity to attend the many events held especially for Friends members each year, including our in-home concert “Sunday Salons," concert receptions, and much more
- The Friends of Music newsletter
- The opportunity to get to know UK music faculty and students
$100 Special Friend
$60 Family Friend
$40 Individual Friend
$20 UK Faculty/Staff
$10 UK Student
To join, send a check along with your name, address, phones, and email address to:
Friends of the UK School of Music
School of Music
206 Fine Arts Building
Lexington, KY 40506-0022
The Friends of the University of Kentucky School of Music is a non-profit organization and membership contributions are fully tax deductible.
- Large Ensembles
- World Music
- Athletic Ensembles
- Events Calendar
Friends of Music Board
- Jim Norton, President
- Yvonne Centers, President Elect
- Vicki McVay, Immediate Past President
- Sue Entwisle, Salon Committee
- Carol Raitz, Treasurer
- Ann Wheeler, Secretary
- Don Sands, Membership
- Linda Ratti, Outreach
- Franklin Thompson, Historian
- Skip Gray
- Jim Ballard
- Bill Booth
- Dick Domek
- Frank Entwisle
- Elsbeth Johnson
- Annette Mathy
- Ruth Olive
- Andrea Pfeifle
- Ray Rector
- Trudy Tibbs
The Friends of Music is supported in part by the UK Federal Credit Union