CFA Employment Opportunities
The UK College of Fine Arts has occasional openings for faculty and staff positions in the School of Art & Visual Studies, the School of Music, the Department of Theatre, the Arts Administration Program. Singletary Center for the Arts, and the Art Museum at UK. Some positions (especially STEPS assignments) may not be posted here. In addition to postings on this page, you might also search Jobs at the University of Kentucky.
Jobs in the UK College of Fine Arts:
Art History & Visual Studies – Contemporary Art HIstory and Visual Studies
Type: Full Time – Academic – Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track
Required education: Ph.D.
The School of Art and Visual Studies at the University of Kentucky seeks applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor in Art History and Visual Studies to begin August 2015. The successful candidate will teach two courses on contemporary art and/or visual studies per semester, advise both undergraduate and graduate students in Art History & Visual Studies, and participate in the development of a new MFA in Curatorial Studies. He/she will also be expected to provide appropriate service to the school, college, and university.
Candidates must hold a Ph.D. by the time of employment and have at least one year of teaching experience at the college level beyond graduate school.
We seek a productive scholar and effective teacher specializing in contemporary art. Broadly defined curatorial experience is highly desirable.
Applications received by January 15, 2015 will be assured full consideration. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants should send: 1) a curriculum vitae, 2) letter of application, 4) research statement 5) statement of teaching philosophy and two course syllabi, and 7) contact information for three references to Prof. Anna Brzyski, Search Committee Chair, School of Art and Visual Studies, 207 Fine Arts Building, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506-0022. Due to UK requirements, applications will be kept on file and therefore will not be returned to the candidate.
The University of Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from minorities and women. If offered a position, you will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment national background check as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources.
Lecturer, Arts Administration
The faculty member will teach courses within the core curriculum of the Arts Administration Program, serve as Director of Undergraduate Studies, supervise student internships and practicum activities, and hold administrative responsibilities for the Arts Administration Program. The faculty member will also serve as the academic advisor to a portion of the undergraduate students in the Arts Administration Program, and will participate in the Program’s general administration functions. Finally, the faculty member will provide service, as requested, to the College and University, and nonprofit arts organizations and related organizations in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond.
- Teaching, Advising and Instructional Activities
The faculty member will:
- Teach undergraduate courses as assigned (9-10 credit hours per semester) including face-to-face and online courses
- Serve as the Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Supervise all undergraduate student practicums and internships
- Advise undergraduate students each semester as assigned
- Develop online/hybrid courses in Arts Administration
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Program, College, University and Professional Service
The faculty member will:
- Participate in course and program-level assessment processes
- Assist in the Program’s administration through activities such as recruiting students, participating in curriculum development and revisions, preparing evaluative reports, developing new undergraduate degree options, and raising awareness of the Program’s activities
- Serve on committees for the College and University and provide advice and support to nonprofit arts organizations and related organizations in the commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond, as requested
The appointee will meet the following criteria for teaching, research, and service:
- Masters degree (e.g. MA, MS, MFA) in arts administration or equivalent required
- Minimum three (3) years professional experience as an arts administrator required
- One (1) year college-level teaching experience preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
To apply for job #51023325, submit a UK Online Application at www.uky.edu/ukjobs or the direct link to the posting http://ukjobs.uky.edu/postings/56199. If you have any questions, contact HR/Employment, phone (859) 257-9555 press 2, or email email@example.com.
Please submit the following application materials:
- CV/Resume highlighting all teaching and arts administration experience
- Cover letter which identifies a minimum of four (4) courses from the undergraduate curriculum (available at finearts.uky.edu/artsadministration) which you would be qualified to teach
- Three references with complete contact information
Review of applicants begins on February 27, 2015. Position will remain open until filled.
The University of Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from minorities and women.